Westleaf enters exclusive partnership with industry leader in the research and production of cannabis-derived products
Xabis is a Coloradocannabis processing company that provides turnkey operations to businesses in the cannabis industry. With over 150 years of collective experience, Xabis’ team of medical doctors and scientists manages what Westleaf says is the most technically difficult process in the cannabis life cycle, all aspects of extraction. and the manufacture of cannabis infused products.
- Leverage industry-leading expertise – Xabis is an industry leader in the design, construction and management of cannabis extraction and manufacturing facilities, as well as in product development:
- Xabis has managed facilities in various states of the United States for a total of 8 years of cumulative operating experience; and
- Xabis has developed over two dozen different form factors (delivery systems such as vape pens etc.) and concentrate types with over two hundred individual product references including oral oil based solutions. , edible gums, squeezed tablets, water soluble powders, oil softgels, body softgels and suppositories.
- Focus on high margin products – When legalizing the broader set of cannabis products, Westleaf believes that a diverse supply of cannabis products will account for the majority of consumer demand. Westleaf is focused on differentiated product formulations to produce vape cartridges, edibles, beverages and topicals to meet this expected demand in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Develop products for the global market – The plant is built to EU Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) specifications to ensure regulatory compliance in Canada (one of the largest emerging cannabis markets) and for export capabilities. Strategically located in Calgary, the facility is not only found in the largest retail market on the Prairies, but also provides easy access to transportation services to the rest of the Canada and global markets.
- Scalability – The plant comprises an approximately 60,000 square foot complex with Phase I (~ 15,000 square feet) designed to include R&D, processing, mining, manufacturing and order fulfillment. Construction is expected to be completed in the summer of 2019. It is expected that the facility will be able to produce the full range of new lines of derivative products for the planned legalization by Health Canada of derivative products and consumables, which is expected to have place on October 17, 2019.
- Multiple income streams – The plant is designed to produce a diverse offering of cannabis derivatives under Westleaf’s brand portfolio. In addition, Westleaf plans to offer white label services to produce finished products for third parties, as well as contract manufacturing services for crude extract and distillation.
- Truly vertically integrated company – Westleaf is one of the few truly vertically integrated companies in the Canadian cannabis industry, with assets owned and under development in every vertical of the business, including cultivation, extraction, processing and wholly owned manufacturing, distribution and retailing. Westleaf believes vertical integration offers an important option and positions the company defensively to protect margins throughout the industry lifecycle.
“We are fully focused on the plant-product part of the value chain,” explains Dale zink, CEO of Xabis. “From the end of growth to shipping the transformed end product to the retail store or dispensary, we apply our expertise to help companies create the best, most profitable processes and systems in the industry. Zink leads a group of PhD graduates with extensive experience in biotechnology and chemical engineering, including experience in the mining industry, pharmaceutical industry and academia.
Xabis’s entry into the Canadian market through an exclusive relationship with Westleaf is the company’s first foray into the largest legalized recreational market. Xabis has designed, built and operated facilities in five (5) US states where medical or recreational cannabis has been legalized.
“This partnership is another part of executing Westleaf’s strategy to become a large and vertically integrated player in the Canadian cannabis industry,” said Scott hurd, President and CEO of Westleaf. “We believe that a diverse offering of cannabis derivatives will represent a major shift in consumer demand once legal. We are positioning ourselves to formulate unique, high-quality derivatives and appeal to the best minds in the industry to help leverage our expertise in construction to handle these type of facilities.
The history of the brand
The plant takes its name from the original history of the company: a plant is not only a source of life; at Westleaf, this is our source of inspiration. For us, not only is the ideal version of the growth of nature, it is also a place of progress and production. A place to move forward. To build on our foundations, extract our most powerful ideas and optimize everything we do. It’s not where we grow, it’s where we innovate. To ensure we deliver the best of our country and fulfill our mandate to be at the forefront of cannabis research, development and technology. It is our place of constant growth.
Xabis brings scientific discipline, sound business principles and professionalism to the cannabis industry by providing turnkey processing operations for the commercial scale transformation of cannabis from plant to product. Xabis is led by seasoned professionals and scientific experts, including some of the industry’s leading chemistry and biology doctors and engineers. For more information, please visit www.Xabisinc.com.
About Westleaf Inc.
Westleaf is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on innovative retail experiences and engaging cannabis brands as well as the cultivation, production and extraction of cannabis products. Westleaf deploys national commercial footprint for its retail concept Prairie Archives, with stores planned for British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and potentially Ontario. The concept of retail takes advantage of the instinctive connection between recreational cannabis and music and redefines the experience of buying cannabis. The Company also has two major production facilities under construction and expected to be completed in 2019. For more information, please visit http://www.westleaf.com Where www.prairerecords.ca.
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This press release contains “forward-looking information” and “forward-looking statements” (collectively, “forward-looking statements”) within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities laws. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements and are based on expectations, estimates and projections as of the date of this press release. Any statement that involves discussions regarding predictions, expectations, beliefs, plans, projections, goals, assumptions, future events, or performance (often but not always using expressions such as “expects” or “does not expect”, “is expected”, “anticipates” or “does not anticipate”, “plans”, “budget”, “planned”, “plans”, “estimates”, “believes” or ” intends “or variations of these words and expressions or asserting that certain actions, events or results” may “or” could “,” would “,” could “or” shall “be regarded as occurring or be reached) are not statements of historical fact and may be forward-looking statements. This press release and forward-looking statements relate, among other things, to: (i) the signing of a definitive agreement with Xabis; (ii) the development of the Plant’s installation, the quality of the installation, the products to be manufactured in the Installation and the expected opening date of the latter; (iii) legalization of derivatives and the resulting market; (iv) Westleaf’s ability to market and sell its products in various markets, including globally; (v) Health Canada approval for the plant; and (v) the business and operations of Westleaf. Forward-looking statements are necessarily based on a number of estimates and assumptions which, while believed to be reasonable, are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results and future events differ materially from those expressed or implied. by such forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to: general business, economic, competitive, political and social uncertainties; and delay or failure to receive board, shareholder, court or regulatory approvals. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Therefore, readers should not place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements and information contained in this press release. Except as required by law, Westleaf assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements of beliefs, opinions, projections or other factors, as it changes, except as required by law.
SOURCE Westleaf Inc.
For further information: Bruce Leslie, Vice President of Corporate Communications, [email protected], 403-801-7612; Or Lauren Steeves, NorthStrategic, [email protected], 306-717-3253